Making a complaint

We are sorry you have a reason to complain. Sometimes things can go wrong and, if this happens, we want to work with you to reach a resolution that you’re happy with.

If you have a complaint, please contact us as soon as you can so that we can put things right as quickly as possible. You can get in touch by calling us or sending an email.

Call Us

Our UK call centre is open Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 5:30pm.

Email Us

We will respond within five working days of receiving your email.

If we can't agree a way forward with you

What is a micro business?

You're a micro business if you meet any one of the following conditions:

  • Use less than 100,000 kWh of electricity a year.
  • Use less than 293,000 kWh of gas a year.
  • Have fewer than 10 employees (or their full-time equivalent) and your yearly turnover, or yearly balance sheet, is not more than 2 million Euros.

The consumption threshold applies to the fuel being supplied. If you're a micro business and we haven't been able to sort things out within 8 weeks, or we can't agree a way forward with you (we call this 'deadlock'), we'll write and let you know you have the right to refer your complaint to the Ombudsman Services: Energy. If you're not a micro business, you may wish to seek independent legal advice.

You don't have to accept their decision, but if you do, we'll act on what they say - whether that's us saying sorry, explaining what's gone wrong, fixing the problem or even paying you compensation.

Ombudsman (for micro businesses)

Ombudsman Services: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington WA4 9DF

0330 440 1624 (telephone)

If you need independent advice

It's easy to get free, independent advice so that you “know your rights” as an energy consumer. You might want to get a better deal, find out how to make a complaint, get advice about the quality of your electricity or gas supply, or ask for help if you're struggling to pay your bills. You can contact Citizens Advice at any time during the complaints process.

Citizens Advice consumer helpline: 0345 404 0506

Make Payment
Submit Your Meter Reading